From Friday’s news: Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema released the hostages, and Democrats will be voting on the Inflation Reduction Act on Saturday. The July jobs report was so good that Republican heads were exploding across the nation. The Defense Department (finally gets around to) telling all federal employees to save mobile phone records. Abortion is the last thing Republicans want to talk about, both because they’re on the wrong side of the American people on it, and because they really suck at it. Donald Trump’s lawyers—the real ones, not Rudy and Kraken—are in talks with the Justice Department. Stay tuned.
Here’s some of what you may have missed:
- Sen. Kyrsten Sinema gets her ransom, will stop holding Inflation Reduction Act hostage
- July jobs report shatters expectations, and Fox News is really struggling to deal
- Hold those texts! Defense Department orders all federal employees to save mobile phone records
- Republicans are coming to the awkward realization they may have to talk about abortion
- Upping the ante: Trump’s lawyers in contact with Justice Department
In Ukraine news:
And from the community:
- Ukraine: What’s up with the Kherson bridges?
- Voters are Telling Us at their Doors that Fetterman is Heating Up in Pennsylvania: A Canvass Report
- How different my life would be if not for abortion.