How exciting you are planning a family trip to Mexico’s beautiful coast of Riviera Maya! It is one of the best destinations to have a family vacation thanks to its great selection of kid-friendly resorts. So you can keep your expectations high because I’m sure you will have an amazing time here!
Riviera Maya includes the areas from Cancun to Tulum and is famous for its stunning white-sand beaches, delicious food, water sport activities, historical sites such as Mayan ruins, and luxurious resorts. In this blog post, I will show you the best all-inclusive resorts in Riviera Maya for families with options for all budgets.
I’ve made the list, now it’s your turn. In order to catch the best deals and secure your favorite, please do not forget to make a reservation in advance as Riviera Maya is a very popular holiday destination.
So, let’s start our hotel tour!
If you are in a hurry
Here are the best all-inclusive family resorts in Riviera Maya from luxury to budget. They all have amazing reviews and great locations!
Totally Private Rooftop
An Airbnb with amazing reviews
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort
Wyndham Alltra Cancun
Best affordable accommodation in the center
Here’s a map to help you visualize all the resorts in Riviera Maya that I will be talking about in this post:
15 Top All-Inclusive Family Resorts in Riviera Maya
By choosing an all-inclusive resort you can rest easy knowing there won’t be any surprise fees during your holiday. Staying in an all-inclusive hotel is always the most hassle-free way to travel for families with kids as you don’t even need to think about where to eat. What’s more, in most of the hotels they even have special kids menus!
These hotels that I carefully picked for you also have so many family activities, a kids club, and family-friendly rooms. Long story short, all you need to do is to pick a hotel for your taste and budget, make a reservation in advance and just enjoy your holiday with your families!
For those who want to have more information about the areas in Riviera Maya or want to check out more accommodation options, take a look at these dedicated posts for the best places to stay in Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen.
To help you get an idea of the price for the whole family, all of the hotel prices listed here are for a family of 2 adults and 2 kids, so, let’s discover the best all-inclusive resorts in Riviera Maya for families!
Luxury (US$800 and up)
Grand Velas Riviera Maya – For those of you who want to pamper yourselves with the celebrity treatment, this hotel in Playa del Carmen has an amazing sandy beach, a fancy sun terrace, 2 swimming pools, a kids club, and luxurious rooms with modern amenities. While your kids are having fun at the playhouse you can chill in the upscale spa by having a nice massage. At night, choose one of the 8(!) restaurants that offer gourmet meals alongside kid menus and premium drinks at the chic hotel bar.
Hotel Marina El Cid – Located a 30 minutes drive away from Playa del Carmen, Hotel Marina El Cid is one of the best luxury all-inclusive hotels in Riviera Maya that features a stunning private beach, a large swimming pool with a water slide, a fully-equipped fitness center, a kids club, and babysitting services. There is a lush jungle where you can chill on the hammocks and watch amazing scenery plus 4 restaurants that will be good enough to satisfy even the picky eaters.
PA Beach Club & Hotel – Situated 20 km (15 miles) south of Playa del Carmen, this all-inclusive hotel has spacious family rooms with ocean and pool views, a private sandy beach, a kids pool, a fitness center, and a luxurious spa. You can play golf on the 9-hole golf course and do water sport activities such as snorkeling and kayaking. You will love the on-site restaurant surrounded by palm trees that offers food from international cuisine, and in the morning a very good breakfast is waiting for you.
The House of AïA Wellness – If you wanna wake up to a stunning turquoise-colored sea view, you will fall in love with the hotel rooms of this luxurious hotel. Located in Playa del Carmen, the House of AïA Wellness offers glamorous oceanfront suites with plenty of space for the whole family. There is an upscale spa, 4 restaurants, a chic bar, a fully-equipped fitness center, and a large swimming pool. While your kids are having fun at the kids club, you can join the hotel’s special yoga and fitness classes.
Oleo Cancun Playa Boutique – Set on Cancun’s beautiful white sand beach, Oleo Cancun Playa Boutique offers a fancy swimming pool overlooking the beach, an upscale spa, family rooms with modern amenities, and free parking. You can have cocktails at the beach bar and have a nice dinner at the chic on-site restaurant which also has a special kids buffet. If I were you I wouldn’t want to leave the comfortable sun lounges under the palm trees on the beach!
Mid-range (US$500 – US$800)
Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas – Centrally located in Cancun, this all-inclusive resort has 2 swimming pools, a luxurious spa, a fitness center, a kids club, and not 1 but 7(!) restaurants offering food from international cuisines. You will love the private white sand beach and family rooms overlooking the sea. There is also a cool pool bar where you can have cocktails while watching the amazing views.
Barceló Maya Colonial – This beachfront hotel in Xpu Ha offers a stunning private beach, 3 swimming pools, a well-equipped fitness center, 7 on-site restaurants, a pool bar, and family rooms with amazing views. Your kids will love the adventure and aquapark with numerous fun activities. You can also join horseback tours, play mini-golf and take diving lessons. At night you can dance to live music or do family karaoke.
Iberostar Quetzal – Located on a beautiful beach in Playa del Carmen, Iberostar Quetzal features a large swimming pool as well as a kid pool with water slides, an upscale spa, family rooms, and an on-site bar and restaurant. I love sandy beaches and poolside with comfortable sunbeds where you can have a cocktail and enjoy the spectacular scenery and this spot is perfect! The breakfast has more than enough varieties and you can have a delicious family dinner with a nice view in the charming hotel restaurant.
Paradisus Playa del Carmen – Paradisus Playa del Carmen has beautiful family suites, 2 swimming pools surrounded by palm trees, a kid’s playroom, a luxurious spa, and an airport shuttle. You will love the fancy on-site restaurant and bar that offer a great selection of drinks and gourmet food. You can even do water sport activities and have fun in the waterpark with your kids.
The Royal Haciendas Resort – This all-inclusive hotel has everything you need for a family vacation. The Royal Haciendas Resort features a swimming pool with an aqua park, tennis courts, a free shuttle to Playa del Carmen, and deluxe rooms with an ocean view. There is also a cool lounge area with hammocks and a large playground for kids!
Budget (up to US$500)
Iberostar Paraiso Beach – Situated in Playa del Carmen, Iberostar Paraiso Beach is one of the best budget all-inclusive hotels for families offering 2 swimming pools, tennis courts, a fully-equipped fitness center, and a kids club. There are great on-site restaurant and DJ performances at the bar. The hotel rooms are spacious enough to accommodate even the biggest families and have modern amenities and beautiful views.
Wyndham Alltra Cancun – This all-inclusive resort has an amazing white sand beach, a game room with billiard and arcade games, a kids playground, a teen club, a fitness center, and comfortable family rooms. Wyndham Alltra Cancun offers so many fun activities such as scuba diving, bike tours, movie nights with a kids program, and night entertainment shows. There is a nice on-site bar and 8 restaurants serving food from international cuisines.
Grand Park Royal Cancún – Located right by a white sand beach in Cancun, Grand Park Royal offers a large swimming pool, a kids club, a fancy spa, 4 restaurants, and an on-site bar. All of the hotel rooms have plenty of space for the whole family and a great sea or pool view. There are also babysitting services and free baby toiletries. When your kids are in safe hands you can play beach volleyball or go to the golf course.
Melia Cozumel All Inclusive – This kids-friendly resort in Cozumel has 3 restaurants with a kids buffet, 2 swimming pools, a mini-golf area, a kids playground, and a fitness center. There is a large beach area where you can have cocktails and do water sport activities such as Snorkeling, windsurfing, and kayaking. All of the hotel rooms have great amenities and private terraces with a nice view. You will love the entertainment shows and live music events of the hotel.
Allegro Playacar Resort – Allegro Playacar Resort features a charming private beach in Playa del Carmen, a full-service spa, 3 swimming pools, a basketball court, 4 restaurants, 4 bars, and 1 nightclub. The comfortable hotel rooms are spacious enough to accommodate crowded families and the whole day there are many activities for kids. At night you watch entertainment shows and have cocktails at the pool bar.
BONUS 1: Best all-inclusive resorts with water parks in Riviera Maya
Speaking of the best family resorts, I shouldn’t miss the kids’ favorite facility, water parks! In Riviera Maya, all of the all-inclusive resorts that I talked about have great facilities and fun activities but here I especially want to talk about the best hotels that have amazing water parks in case that is the top of your priority list. So, here you go!
Luxury (US$1000 and up)
- Finest Playa Mujeres – This all-inclusive resort in Cancun has a fun aquapark and not 1 but 10 swimming pools so get ready for water fun! Finest Playa Mujeres offers a well-equipped fitness center, a private beach, a full-service spa, and glamorous family rooms. There are 12 fancy restaurants and 2 pool bars which makes it impossible to not be satisfied with the food selection.
- Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts – As you can guess from the famous kid’s channel, Nickelodeon Hotel is one of the most fun hotels to stay with families in Cancun, Riviera Maya. There are game rooms for kids with famous cartoon characters, a waterpark, a kid’s restaurant, and many fun activity programs. This all-inclusive hotel also boasts a free airport shuttle, spacious rooms, 6 restaurants, and 2 swimming pools.
Mid Range (US$600 – US$1000)
- Dreams Sapphire Resort & Spa – Located 15 km (10 miles) north of Cancun, this 5 resort has a long stretch of white sand beach, a luxurious spa, 3 swimming pools, a waterpark, and 6 restaurants. You will love the spacious family rooms overlooking the ocean with hammocks on their terrace. Dreams Sapphire Resort also organizes many fun activities such as pool aerobics, tennis, and watersports!
Budget (up to US$500 )
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya – Set in Xpu Ha, Hard Rock Hotel has an epic waterpark with many water slides and water attractions, and the whole hotel is surrounded by chic swimming pools. The hotel rooms are big enough to accommodate even crowded families and the private beach area is so beautiful for those who want to do water sport activities or just relax. There are 9 restaurants and 7 bars offering delicious food and drinks.
BONUS 2: Best all-inclusive resorts with golf courses for families
In these family resorts I’ve picked there are more than enough activities to keep kids busy but how about the adults? For those who are into golf, I have chosen the best resorts in Riviera Maya that have great golf courses AND are great for kids too!. Let’s have a look at them!
Luxury (US$900 and up)
- Moon Palace The Grand Cancun – This luxurious resort offers not only tempting golf courses but also has many kids facilities such as a waterpark, kid club, and kids buffet. The hotel rooms are very spacious and some of them even have a private pool. There is also a full-service spa, a fitness center, 11 restaurants, 7 bars, and a charming private beach area. You will fall in love with sunbeds inside the pool while suntanning and refreshing at the same time.
Mid Range (US$600 – US$750)
- Dreams Jade Resort & Spa – Located in Puerto Morelos, this hotel has fancy course courses, a mini-golf area, 3 swimming pools, a kids club, an upscale spa, 8 restaurants, and a pool bar. There is also a teens-only club that offers movie nights and events for teens between 13 – 17. You can do water sport activities such as scuba diving and kayaking and at night listen to live music on the on-site bar.
- Fairmont Mayakoba – Set on a white sand beach in Cancun, Fairmont Mayakoba is located next to 18-hole golf courses and features a full-service spa, a private beach, 2 swimming pools, a kids club, an airport shuttle, and spacious family rooms. You can have a great selection of food and drinks in the on-site seafood restaurant, sushi bar, or pool bar. If I were you I would take a lot of photos from the İnstagrammable infinity pool!
Budget (up to US$450)
- Xaha Villas Suites & Golf Resort – This all-inclusive golf resort in Akumal offers golf lessons, a swimming pool, comfortable family rooms, an on-site restaurant with a kids menu, and a bar. You can rent bikes from the hotel and go for a tour in the lush green gardens. In the morning a very good breakfast is waiting for you.
BONUS 3: Best all-inclusive resorts with swim-up rooms in Riviera Maya
Doesn’t it sound amazing to jump into the pool straight from your room? If you want to pamper yourself staying in a resort with a swim-up room or want more privacy, here are the best all-inclusive resorts in Riviera Maya that have impressive swim-up rooms while also having facilities for kids too.
Luxury (US$1200 and up)
- Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres – Imagine yourself having a cocktail in your private pool or jacuzzi in your luxurious room and watching the beautiful scenery. By staying in Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres for sure you will have an unforgettable holiday. This all-inclusive resort boasts 4 swimming pools, 9 on-site restaurants, pool bars, and a luxurious spa. You will have a fun time in the game room by playing billiard and sipping cocktails.
- Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort – Your kids will love this hotel’s swim-up rooms and family-friendly activities. Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres Resort features a game room, kid playground, a large swimming pool, a water park, and 8 restaurants. You can pamper yourself with a good massage in the upscale spa while your kids are having fun at the kids club.
Mid Range (US$700 – US$1000)
- Grand Sunset Princess – This all-inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen has charming rooms with private room access, a fitness center, a spa, an on-site restaurant, and a bar. There is a large swimming pool as well as a kids’ water park and a private charming beach. While your kids are in the kids club you can have drinks in the chic bar and attend night entertainment activities.
Budget (up to US$700)
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort – This kid-friendly resort has everything you need for an unforgettable family vacation. Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort offers 3 swimming pools, a kids club, an upscale spa, a private beach, and spacious rooms with amazing views and swim-up rooms. You can pick one of 7 restaurants to have dinner and attend fun activities such as pool parties and fitness classes.
Frequently asked questions about Riviera Maya
👨👩👦 Is Riviera Maya good for families?
❓ Which is better for families Cancun or Riviera Maya?
🤔 Is Playa del Carmen good for families?
🛎️ Which Iberostar in Riviera Maya is best for families?
Iberostar Tucan is the best Iberostar in Riviera Maya for families that offers a kids club, swimming pools, and family suites.
💦 What are the best family resorts in Riviera Maya with a water park?
🏖️ Which are the best all-inclusive family-friendly resorts in Riviera Maya?
Unfortunately, our hotel hopping in Riviera Maya ends here. I hope this blog post helped you to find the best all-inclusive resort for your taste and budget. I have no doubt that you will have a great time with your families enjoying stunning beaches and delicious Mexican food.
Just want to remind you that Riviera Maya is visited by tourists all year round and I don’t want you to lose the chance of staying in the best of the best hotels. That being said, do not forget to make a reservation in advance. Many of the hotels have a free cancellation so you don’t need to worry about it!
I have already given the top resorts in Riviera Maya but if you can’t decide among so many options let me sum up. Here are my absolute 2 favorite hotels that have great kids’ facilities and amazing reviews:
- Grand Velas Riviera Maya – The best luxury resort in Playa del Carmen that has 2 swimming pools, a game room, and spacious rooms with amazing views
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort – A great family resort in Playa del Carmen with a private sandy beach and 3 swimming pools
Do not forget to take your beach essentials and If you have any other suggestions or questions about resorts in Riviera Maya and Mexico, just leave a comment below. I will be more than happy to reply. See you at another destination!
Have an amazing holiday,